dilluns, de març 10, 2008

Aryaprabha being Aryaprabha...

Oh well, yes, I do have this tendency to avoid the Buddhist Centre at all costs... I do have this determination not to "teach" classes there... I do have this way that for many means unaccessability or plain arrogance on my behalf. And yes, I do not go there a lot because I find classes and stuff happening there as something closer to a community college, academy, club or spa than a B-centre. And it's all about paying, paying, paying, this many pesos for this class, that many for a puja, conference or whatever, and it's more of a beginner's club than anything else of more important substance... Uhm. Dharma teaching. I do mundane Art History and Catalan teaching, and have exacting standards myself. I think it takes a lot of experience, clarity and integration to go ahead and really teach the Dharma. I have so much love and respect for the Teaching that I would never consider just go ahead and rant for two hours about "Buddhism". Also, I'm not into Christian-like, charismatic-like, revelation-driven activists/evangelists who just receive a teaching and go ahead and pseudo-teach it, or preach it themselves. I think to highly of Calvin, anyway, to become a vulgar parrot who repeats information. And, well yes, I'm not accesible at all. Partly because it's my experience, and that of others, who may not necesarily want to admit it, that several of those who arrive at the centre are very broken folk. Attention, confussion, need are all concepts I can see in many at the centre. And I have to be honest, I know my limitations, one of them is not being able to handle said problems, there's so much in my head already. I wouldn't be honest even to myself. I can barely handle my own confussion, lest imagine somebody else's.... And yes, I know there might be one or two who think less of my practice for not doing much of the above, but I know my practice is not about formulas, but about actually sitting and really work on the mental states, and everything else. And with all due respect to my fellow O-Members, at the end of the day, their views may not be much of my agreement. That said, ta ta.