dimarts, de desembre 28, 2004

My year, 2004


Well, trying to summarize what happened in 2004 won't be that difficult, I have to say it was a year with mostly positive developments, however, it was also a very challenging year, perhaps the most challenging in my life thus far, but still I made it in one-piece.

Positive developments:

My career is starting to take-off, which translates in great projects for the upcoming year, I'm starting to get started!
Professionally noteworthy:
  • Started to teach at University level, got two classes: Historiografía del Arte Occidental y Trasfondo Historiográfico del Arte Moderno y Contemporáneo de México.
  • Got to do quite a bit of research for two very different projects, the first and most important one: "Tlaxcala, Yanhuitlán y Yurira, Construcció, historia y arte de tres conventos novohispanos", which is about rethinking and reinterpreting Mexican architecture from the times of the Vicekingdom. This project is based at the UNAM and we get a bit of funding from it. This year was quite hard on research, but it should start to bear fruit big time in 2005.
    Then, I got involved in the project "ArcoData 05: Capítulo México", which consists of the elaboration of a dictionary and data base of the Mexican artists of the XXth century. It was conceived by the Arco Arts Fair in Madrid, but was led in Mexico by Casa Lamm.
  • Quite unexpectedly, I became a Language teacher, I started to teach Catalan later in the Summer, it was quite a change, and I actually enjoyed it very much. To the surprise of many, including yours truly, the Catalan culture may very well become a catalyst in my career...