divendres, de novembre 18, 2005

Just one touch...

Due to my studies on literature and gender, I’ve come across lots of literature I would have never thought to have read, I’ve been too focused on traditional Art History discourses for a long time. Our seminar leader on Fashion and Construction of Gendered Identities brought about the subject of desire, specially transgression and its desire. The theorization became too much for me after a while, however, in order to keep somewhat focused, I started to write for myself a list of the type of music I’d love to use as background for sex, or music I have actually come to use for such purpose. Just today, I went shopping and got for myself the new Madonna CD, which contains a song that manages to push the right buttons. It’s simple and dull if listened closely, but “Forbidden Love” is a track which comes very close to my experience, in the sense that I have this inclination for moments, that is, for images that will stay in my head, and out of which my fantasies will arise. Just one touch, just one kiss, just one look, just a little tiny smile, directed at me… So, the list of my fave music to screw to comes as follow:

Mea Culpa, Catholic Version (Enigma) To this day I love the contrast between the timeless chants of the background and the sexual tone of the French lyrics in the front. The intention is obviously sexual, and for some reason I find deeply arousing the idea of sexual craving, monks chanting Gregorian and telling someone, prens moi, je suis à toi. I’ve had sex with this in the background.

Da Funk (Daft Punk) I’ve never materialized this fantasy: to strip to “Da Funk”. If I remember correctly, this song was written as if it were the soundtrack of a cop series or something, but instead it came across as an unintentionally highly erotic anthem for all those who were lucky enough to rave to the track in 1998 or ’99 even. To me this piece is all about sex, and getting it on.

Live aus Berlin (Ramms+ein) We should have accepted and embraced these Germans as a fashionable, interesting rock group, however, many still view them as subversive and too much for mainstream fame. I like their music, but much more interestingly, I like to get it on to their music, I feel a deep homoerotic connection to Ramms+ein and their incendiary visual discourse, which is quite inoffensive if one thinks about it really. I love the open perversion of their lyrics and their hard bodies and bulges and the accent.

Future (Halo Varga) This tracks takes me to many places: Newcastle, London, Valencia, Copenhaguen… I’ve had with me all around the world. I love the way it evolves and how you can’t help get hooked to it. And whenever I’m feeling a bit anxious, I just put it on, relax and touch myself.

1 comentari:

arsvirtualis ha dit...

Ja veig que tornes a estar en plena forma. Bon retorn.