diumenge, d’abril 16, 2006

Where I heal my hurts

This is my Church, this is where I heal my hurts...
°
The opening lines of Faithless' "God Is A DJ" resonate deeply in me and push a button or two. In many ways I've tried to find refuges for my thousand hurts. The most enduring is perhaps my very abstract and sometimes vivid practice of the Dharma. But then, when I really really need to get away from it all and heal, the only thing I can take refuge in is music. For a long time, the sounds of elektronika have been a two-edged thing in my experience. On one hand, I enjoy it a lot, dance, and sing and do my thing, it's a blurry world where I feel fabulous and weightless. But then, techno has also been an alienating experience. Never have I felt sadder or more hopeless than in a dance floor. Perhaps the things that I haven't fully worked on come out to hunt me while freestyling. I mean, I can't remember many people who have cried so emotionally like myself during a Paul Oakenfold set. Tears of joy, freedom and pleasure, but also of frustration, alienation. Still, I dance...