divendres, de març 16, 2007

Ghosts keep coming back!!!

Just as I reported some time ago in this very space, there was a person from my past, or ghost, rather, who made a comeback into my life without me really wanting it. Well, there’s been another two such landings recently, namely, a former good friend of mine, and a guy I’ve never really connected with in the first place, but because of common interests was a fixture in a couple of places I used to go to quite a lot. The latter rang me up the other day because he needs something in particular and I’m in sort of the position to say something about what he wants. He wanted to meet up, but didn’t call back again, and I’m surely not going to lift the auricular and phone him. I guess he missed his chance. The other person, and by far a more interesting case, is a guy I had as friend in the early 2000’s. I used to appreciate him quite a lot and had lots of things in common, and were pretty much in the same place spiritually speaking. As his interest in that particular spirituality faded so did our friendship, no returned phonecalls, cancelled appointments ended a friendship, which we never really wanted to save in those days. He phoned me and we had a long chat catching up over things. It was interesting and we may meet up physically for lunch or something. It’s funny, there’s been people who have lost interest in yours truly at times, but there must be something I do that eventually makes them remember me. I’ll ask them all, after all those years, why call again? There’s been times when I’ve felt thoroughly unappreciated by some of my friends, and sometimes we fall out or something, and for good and bad my approach is if there’s no more interest then quit and move on. With all the three persons that had forsaken me I did that and did move on, but they’re back. And I didn’t even ask them to.