diumenge, de juliol 15, 2007

Mexicans lose in football, for the upteenth time

I so hate the official website of the Pan American Games. Brazilians planned a glorious opening ceremony, but if no one can access on real-time the games' results, what's the point?... I feel in a very Cassandra-ous mood tonight. I begged everyone not to fall victim of cruel marketing again, not to become the fools our mass media wants us to be, I ask them to be cautious and aware. But then, I got called names, some people questioned my right to call myself a Mexican. But then, wasn't I right all the way? Didn't I foresee that, for the Mexicans, the whole football thing was going to end in tears, heartbreak and deceit... again? For it's always been the same, at least since, when? the 1930s, at least. No matter how much I urge my friends, colleagues, coworkers and the like that the "Selección Nacional de Futbol" is more of a nightmare than a dream, they just won't listen. They want to believe, they expect some sort of miracle. But as we all know, there's no such thing as miracles, just the combination of conditions...