dimarts, d’octubre 16, 2007

Optimism, looking ahead

Well, in just a month Dharmachari Āryaprabha went from Tragic Order Member, to Fabulous Order Member. LOL. I'm feeling quite happy and optimistic lately. The problems my family has had are being sorted out nicely, and my own aren't that bad. Last month I received a scholarship from the National University to finish my studies, that is, I got a 24-month grant, which is awesome, and a great way to wrap up the year. Now, Āryaprabha just can't take full-happiness as it is and has got to find conflict somewhere, hehe. Well, actually, it's about the very thing that provided me the scholarship: the project. You see, the University announced fresh new scholarships on a day 1, and by day 13 all candidates must have had submitted a myrriad of documents, including a research project, complete with calendar, and most importantly, the sign of approval of a tutor, to the candidate committee. Taking into consideration the workload I had, and all other things, it was basically a miracle I managed to put it all together at the last minute. Now, I have to admit it took me a bit by surprise to have been granted the scholarship, and I'm engaged to take the project to its completion. And that's the problem, dilemma and conflict I'm in right now. I kinda dislike the project, I don't think it's feasable as I submitted it, and certainly I resist having to work with the one tutor I chose. Duh. I just was unable to put it all together as the call for papers was done, but I had kinda hoped to work on a 50-page article on contemporary Bosnian artists and their visual interpretation of the Balkan Wars. Now I don't know if that project is feasable in light of the actual project that gave me the scholarship, which is about gender issues in art somewhere in New Spain, in the XVIIth century. A bit too different. Duh. Āryaprabha always find a way to get himself in dead-ends and impossible crossroads. Well, apart from my strictly academic or ideological dilemmas, I'm quite dandy, feeling nouveau riche and on a materialistic spree enjoying my new found wealth, hahahhaa. My private preceptor may come in January and that makes me very happy as well, 2007 has had its bumps, but it's definetely been interesting all through. It hasn't been easy, but hey, I don't want it easy. I wouldn't enjoy being Āryaprabha if it were easy.