dimarts, de maig 30, 2006

A little bit of everything

The last couple of days have been bumpy, little sleep, lots of excitement, no meditation. I've been thinking that perhaps it'll do me good to spend some time in retreat, I mean, not just a week or two, but lots of time. I've felt astonishingly frustrated by things which really shouldn't make me feel so. I've developed reprehensible mental states concerning many people, most of them without deserving them. Worst of it all, I've been extremely harsh on myself. I've been calling myself names. I've judged my work mercilessly. I've been pouring quite a bit of self-hate into my system. Why are these feelings arising? What's behind this state of paroxysm? Am I falling ill again? Am I going through a phase? It's certainly not the best place to dwell at, but there's where I am.
º
First, I haven't allowed myself to be too fallible lately. If things do not reach my exacting standards, I considered it unworthy or mediocre. If I don't say the brilliant comment I expect myself to express, if I'm not articulate enough, then I punish myself. I tell myself what a lousy conversationalist I am, what an utterly and irritatingly bitch I tend to be. Harsh, way too harsh. As I, for years very little in common with everyday folk had, grew to be rather ostricized and alienated from many things, like friendships, hang-outs, hook ups, and so forth, things which I yearn to catch up with now, and that perhaps are a bit out of my reach and age.
º
Trobo que una font molt clara del meu constant emprenyament, n'és el desig que durants els darrers mesos he desenvolupat envers una persona en particular, la qual no veig gaire i que segur que ni tan sols se'n recorda de mi. Trobo que aquest tipus d'infatuació em desestabilitza per què no puc controlar el que experimento. La resta de sentiments, els puc més o menys tenir sota clau, deixant-los sortir quan convé o quan puc, ans la infatuación és massa, em fa mal, molt malament. Fa molt mal. Una altra cosa que m'està passant és que estic molt embolicat amb la idea de poder i èxit, m'hi obssessiono, àdhuc quan sap que totes dues coses no són ni per molt els objectius de la meva vida.
º
Es ist ziemlich schwer, mit diesen Gefühlen zu leben, ich finde es alles gleichzeitig blöd und hilfslos. Gestern, als ich mit einem guten Freud sprach, konnte ich richtig äussern, was mir passierte. Es war sehr nett, jemandem erzählen zu können, wie man sich fühlt, auch wenn die andere Person dich nicht alles verstehen kann. Obwohl ich viele negative Dinge momentan im Kopf habe, gibt es ja auch viele interessante und schöne Momente die ich erfahre, zum Beispiel, die Einladung, die ich vor einigen Tagen bekommen habe, um Mitglied des Ordens zu werden. Das war toll, muss ich sagen. Komisch war aber meine Reaktion: Schade! ich fliege in die Türkei nicht! Hahahaha. Jetzt muss ich aber meine Pläne verändern, buchen, stornieren, und so weiter. Ich finde es auch ein bisschen witzig, wie man im Buddhistischem Zentrum reagiert hat, in bezug auf meine prospektive Ordenation. Manche Leute, die früher für mich kein nettes Wort haben, sind plötzlich Fans von mir geworden! Wie schnell können sich Dinge ändern, wenn es etwas gibt, das das status quo destabilisiert, hahaha.
º
I ain't making much sense here, right? Whatever, it seems I'm going to be the only sucker reading this anyhoo.