diumenge, d’agost 12, 2007

Excitement at looking ahead

Well, yeah. We're already halfway through 2007! Time flies really. I've said it many times, and I will keep on saying it: I feel astonished by the fleetingness of time, of life. A lot has happened in my life, most of it positive, and I'm about to embark in yet a new and exciting project, going back to school. I'm starting my Master degree studies on Wednesday, and I feel very excited about it. It's also going to be tiresome, and a pain in the ass, for I will have even less "leisure" time. Well, isn't it what us Buddhists are supposed to be doing? That is, keep our minds busy on rather auspicious and productive stuff? Actually, my fellow practioners will say that we should focus our minds in practising the Dharma more intensely, not with MPhils studies... But anyhow, I'm happy and perfectly looking forward to it. It'll be interesting to study with 24/26 year olds and 40ish year old people all together. When I was a degree student, I was actually a pretty good one, a bit bitchy at times, and I had this tendency to fall asleep halfway through the class, but I didn't do it on purpose, so to speak. So, for all of you studying a postgraduate degree outhere: Gaudeamus Igitur!!! We rule, sukkerz!!!